Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy up in here

I sort of have an all time favorite question that I ask a lot of my clients.We have nurses, teachers, chiropracters, bankers, realtors, hygenists, you name it- we have them as a client. So...what is this question that I can't help myself but ask? "What is the craziest thing you've ever seen?" Call it morbid fascination or just plain nosy- GUILTY as charged! We have heard some really cool I mean crazy stuff. Me and the beauties have heard about babies being born in the toilet and people using cheese whiz as denture adhesive.  Gross, but this is so much more exciting than doing hair! Right? Wrong. We have all kinds of good stuff locked away in The Bungalows bank of crazy. I find it only fair that I should have to tell you the craziest thing thats ever happened to me. The beauties have good stories too. Everyone has something. My crazy starts with a client we'll call "Jimmy". I had cut Jimmys hair for a good while. I would say a couple of years. He was just getting out of highschool when I met him. He was a little bit of a trouble maker, but seemed like a good kid overall. He did have a girlfriend we'll call " Roxy" that he often brought in with him. I wasn't too suprised when Roxy started a career in "dancing" nor was I surprised when they got busted with a little pot. The very large Edward Scissor Hands she had tattooed on her thigh was a little bit of a shocker I have to admit. Also a surprise was when Roxy left Jimmy for the tattoo artist. Shortly after that Jimmy fell off the face of the earth, or so I thought.  You can imagine my surprise two years later when Jimmy needs a haircut. Of course I'll cut it! When he shows up I thought it was a little strange that him and his buddy had matching blue slipons. Where have I seen these kind of shoes? Thinking, thinking.... Oh yes, prison. Prison! He goes on to tell me he got busted with drugs and was now living in a halfway house. I was a little suprised, but people make mistakes, he served his time. That was until Jimmy started getting a little demanding with his appointments. When scanning caller i.d. I would see where he had started calling at 7:00 in the morning, then 7:01, then 7:03, 7:06, 7:09, all the way until we opened. I was a little freaked out, even more so when I answered the phone and he asked me why I was avoiding him. Ummmm..... we open at 9:00. Jimmy does come in for what will be his last cut. It was just me at the salon with a client under the dryer. Smart, I realize. He was acting really strange. I noticed a huge knot on his head I had never seen. I asked him what happened- Apparently that was done while "making whoopie". Ok- tmi. I hurried as fast as possible. When he was finished he just kept lingering. Okay, so that will be $18. Still lingering. Lingering.....He then asked to use the bathroom and when he came out he proceeded to ask if he could take a picture of me on his phone. Ya, no! He wanted to show it to his halfway house buddy. Ya, still no. You can only imagine how well the husband took the news. Needless to say- Jimmy was fired from The Bungalow that day. Well, sort of. I tried to ignore him away, but then the phone calls started. He would not stop calling! One of the beauties could not take it anymore and broke the news to him that he was no longer welcome. Don't feel too sad for Jimmy though. We did find out that he didn't go to prison for drugs, but for assault and battery on you guessed it- Roxy. I can definatley think of other crazy client things that have happened, but this gets the blue ribbon. Sooooo, what's the craziest thing thats happened to you? Oh, come on, you know it's getting crazy up in here ;)

2 comments:

A few ideas I'm scoping out for Max's party

A few ideas I'm scoping out for Max's party